Victoria Rail Trail and Sommerville Forest trails are to open to motorized vehicles where permitted on May 1, 2021. However, the Millennium Trail system will remain closed until June 1, 2021, as per usual season restriction.
Below is information surrounding Covid-19 Safety Protocols for Trail and Forest users. The entire link is also below should you require any additional information.
All trail users are advised to adhere to the following COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Observe physical distancing, maintain a physical distance from other users of a minimum of 2 metres at all times
- A mask or face covering should be worn outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Share the pathway or trail. When approaching others, step off the pathway unless the path is wider than 6 feet. Both parties should do this
- Be aware of high-touch areas, users are advised to wash/sanitize their hands before, during and after visiting the trail and after touching any surface
- If the area you are visiting is busy and physical distancing is difficult, consider leaving and heading to a less crowded area
- Avoid visiting trails if you or any members of your household are sick or not feeling well
- Use at own risk
For more information on Municipal Forest Tracts visit the Parks and Forest Tracts page.
As a reminder, SXS are not allowed on any trails south of Northline Rd. The maximum width for a SXS on KATVA trails is 64 inches including all modifications.
Visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ for the current Provincial Restrictions.